| members: 938
guests online: 32
members online: 0
Welcome guest. You can register for free by clicking here
falmusic.co.uk FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)|
Category: Main -> Help using this site
|· How do I add my details to the Falmusic Directory?|
A few visitors have asked me how to add entries to the Falmusic Directory. Instructions follow...Back to top
- Log in at the "Members login" prompt if you are already registered, or click on "click here to register" on main page if you are not. You need to be registered and logged in to add entries to the directory.
- click "Falmusic Directory" on left hand menu.
- all entries should be plain text only.
- click "Add new Address..."
- enter info under "Name" tab that you require (only last name is mandatory), and select a category from the drop down box.
- Select "Address" tab and enter info (optional).
- Select "Contact" tab details, and enter one or more of the fields phone/email/name/web. The selected field is displayed on main entry.
- Select "Information" tab for Offers/Wants (optional).
- Select "Note" tab for any additional info (optional).
- Click "Save" button (mandatory!).
Hope to see plenty of new entries soon :-)
|· How do I add my gigs?|
You can add/edit gigs if you are a registered member - please ensure any gigs you add are a) public and b) take place in Cornwall...Back to top
- Just choose the Gig List option on the left hand menu bar, and select "Add"
- Put Band/Artist's name in the "Event Title" field
- Fill in the rest of the form, check that you have filled in all fields marked with an asterisk (*) plus any others that are appropriate.
- Don't forget to add Venue, Town and times.
- For repeating events select the appropriate options.
- Descriptive text about the gig should be short and in plain text only. Entries pasted in that are longer than the space in forms are truncated, and embedded objects such as YouTube video are not allowed and will result in your entry being rejected as a hacking attempt. If you wish to post lengthy promotional material for the gig please submit it as a News Article.
- Then scroll down to the bottom of the form, select "Preview Event" and click on "go" to check your entry, and finally select "Submit Event" and click on "go" to submit your entry.
- New submissions are emailed to the webmaster for approval before going live. They will usually be added within a few hours.
|· How do I "add a band"?|
Register, and add your band's details in the Falmusic Directory - see here for how to do so). Back to top
Also feel free to submit a link if you have a website, publicise the band in the forums, add to the gig list, submit reviews, news articles, links to downloads. Space also available for Gallery pics on request.
|· We are local musicians, could you mention us on your site, and can we put downloads of our music on falmusic? |
You're very welcome to promote your own music e.g. post an article, review, web link, link to download. You'll need to register on falmusic (if you haven't already - its free), and all the interactive features of the site will be available to you.Back to top
Re. downloads, you can either (in order of preference):
- host your MP3 files on your own webspace outside falmusic and provide a link when submitting a download (submit as many external download links as you like), or
- We have a limited amount of space to host MP3s and/or RealAudio files by local artists. Email us first letting us know what you intend to send us, and then ONLY IF WE REPLY ACCEPTING YOUR OFFER, email MP3s for us to put on the website (max. size per MP3=7Mb, max MP3s=2, max MP3s per email=1), to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please use this address only to send us MP3s or files bigger than 1mb, otherwise use the email addresses here), or
- Bring your CD to TiGeR or Rob at the Star & Garter on a Monday night (ask the band if you don't know us) or, post a CD to:
Rob Follett, Trenarth Cottage, Saltbox Rd, Mylor, Cornwall TR11 5NW
with a note saying which 2 tracks (max) you would like on our website, and if you would like them as MP3s and/or RealAudio.
All the best with your music,
|· I've lost my password, can you give me a new one, or do I need to re-register?|
You don't need to re-register if you know your username and have the same email address you used when you first registered.Back to top
To get a new password, click on the "click here to register" link on the main page, then, instead of using the registration option, choose "retrieve lost password" and follow the instructions to get a new one.
|· Can you give me a new password? the one I was given when I signed up is hard to remember.|
You can change your password by clicking on "Your Account" (top left, immediately under falmusic logo) once you're logged in, and choosing the "Change Password" link.Back to top
|· How do I add a news article?|
You need to be registered and logged in to submit news articles. Back to top
We're always pleased to get good quality articles on falmusic, but please spellcheck your article before submitting. Items less than 3 lines long are probably better sent as a post in the Forums.
Once logged in, the "Submit News" link on the left hand menu will be available. Online instructions are available there.
The simplest way is to paste in the text rather than try to type it in online - italics and bold text + other effects can be added with HTML tags if you know how to do this (allowed HTML tags are listed at the bottom of the Submit News screen).
Additionally, please bear in mind that if you want to display pictures from elsewhere on the internet within your article we have no problem with that as long as:
If you have a picture that you wish to use with your article but don't know how to link it in, then email the webmaster to let me know (please don't email images or other file attachments until requested to do so) and I'll help sort it out.
- the picture's filesize is less than 35kb (resolution should be 72dpi)
- the picture's largest dimension (width or height) is less than 350pixels
Please note that whilst there is no problem putting in an external link to any webpage, the following are NOT allowed within articles and will result in your submission being automatically rejected and flagged as a hacking attempt:
- embedded objects such as YouTube video
- ANY code using HTML tags not explicitly mentioned on the Submit News page