Events: St Ives Blues, Rhythm & Rock Festival 3 - Let's keep it Live! |
Posted Feb 10, 2016 - 04:26 PM
Email this to a friend Print this story
With Martin Turner Ex Wishbone Ash headlining, Corky Laing adding a transatlantic flavour and four other top class acts; this will most definitely be a festival to remember and one not to miss!...
When this news gets out, it will undoubtedly excite festival connoisseurs, live music lovers and aspiring musicians in and around St Ives!
Solid Entertainments is delighted to announce that St Ives Blues, Rhythm & Rock Festival 3 will be taking place at The Guildhall on Saturday 7th May 2016!
As this is our third year in St Ives, we wanted to showcase the quality of live music in the UK and present a line-up with at least one legendary name, a mix of blistering new talent and a surprise or two.
In recent years Martin Turner has delighted audiences worldwide with its performances of material from the classic periods of Wishbone Ash’s history, with concert appearances in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Norway, Holland, Spain, Greece, Mexico, Brazil, Japan, the USA and Canada. Martin reflects fondly on his touring activities since his return to the live stage: “I have had a wonderful time over the past few years rediscovering the wider Wishbone Ash catalogue and taking this to the people. When I go to see an artist live, I want to hear the songs as I remember them from the records and I believe that is true of the Wishbone Ash audience too.”
2015 saw the release of Martin’s long awaited new studio album “Written in the Stars”. Written and recorded with his touring musicians and other collaborators, “Written in the Stars“ is described by Martin Turner as “a guitar-based set of songs which represents an extension of the Wishbone Ash legacy, with an emphasis on the melodic qualities that the classic line-ups of the band were known for.” Music industry insiders have already heralded the album as “the finest collection of new ‘Wishbone’ songs in over three decades” and “the album Wishbone Ash never made”.
This year's full line-up comprises of:
- Martin Turner Ex Wishbone Ash – introducing brand new music from Written in the Stars that sits comfortably alongside stage favourites and classic album cuts from the extensive Wishbone Ash repertoire!
- Corky Laing plays Mountain - Legendary Mountain drummer, songwriter, singer and raconteur, Laurence “Corky” Laing a native of Montreal Canada, is back on the road ... thankfully!!
- Virgil and The Accelerators – NOT PERFORMING NOW and replacement act to be announced soon!
- Albany Down - stripped-down-to-the-waist no nonsense rock and roll with a bit of rhythm & blues and jazz-funk to mix it up, with a vintage heartfelt sensitivity and contemporary aggressive energy!
- Red Butler – winning the UK Blues Challenge in 2015, this year will see the band represent the UK in competition with 20 other European countries, at the 6th European Blues Challenge in Italy!
- The Luke Doherty Band – pure Blues & Southern Rock, like ZZ Top meets Country, Rory Gallagher and Stevie Ray Vaughan, this young Welsh dynamo can certainly cut it!
With this calibre of artist stepping on stage, festival goers can expect to see top class live performances and hear a range of incredible sounds with sets that incorporate a creative blend of Blues, Rock, R & B + a contemporary take on one or two classic songs!
Don't miss out on going to St Ives Blues, Rhythm & Rock Festival 3 on Saturday 7th May
The festival will take place at The Guildhall, Street-An-Pol, St Ives, Cornwall TR26 2NE
Advance tickets are only £24 and to book, please call 01472 349 222 or go online at http://www.stivesbluesfestival.co.uk/tickets.html
To find out more about the line up and festival in general, please visit http://www.stivesbluesfestival.co.uk
Don’t be late, the music starts at 2 p.m. and ends at 10 p.m.