| members: 943
guests online: 60
members online: 0
Welcome guest. You can register for free by clicking here
This is Category: Site Info
Following are the News Items published under this Category.
|Site Info: Cancellations due to Covid-19 Virus
N.B. Falmusic is assuming that all responsible local music venues will be closed until further notice, in line with current Government recommendations.. Best to check direct with the individual venues, stay safe and well.
Published Mar 17, 2020 - 01:52 PM
|Site Info: Terms & Conditions
Please read our Privacy & Cookies Policy
Access to the Website and content
Exclusions of liability
- We will endeavour to allow uninterrupted access to the Website
- We reserve the right to change, or remove without notice any information on the Website
- We assume no responsibility for the contents of any other websites to which the Website has links.
User name and password
- We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the data on the Website is accurate and to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. We do not monitor, verify or endorse information submitted by third parties for posting on the Website and you should be aware that such information may be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained on the Website. We do not guarantee that the Website will be fault free and do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
- Due to the nature of electronic transmission of data over the internet, and the number of users by whom data is posted on to the Website, any liability we may have for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access the Website, or from any use of the Website or reliance on the data transmitted using the Website, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. In no event shall we be liable for any loss of profit, revenues, goodwill, opportunity, business, anticipated savings or other indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of use of the Website, save where such liability cannot be excluded by law.
- We do not give any warranty that the Website is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
Data submitted by users
- On registering with us, you are issued with a user name and password which must be used in order to access certain restricted parts of the Website. The user name and password are personal to you and are not transferable.
- Your name and password are the methods used by us to identify you and so are very important. You are responsible for all information posted on the Website by anyone using your user name and password. Any breach of security of a user name and password should be notified to us immediately.
- You may not adapt or circumvent the systems in place in connection with the Website nor access the Website other than through normal operations.
- We accept no liability for data supplied by any user for display on the Website and the limitations (“Exclusions of liability” above) apply.
- If you submit data for display on the Website you are responsible for ensuring that the data is accurate, complete and up to date and for updating that data where necessary.
- If you submit data for display on the Website you are responsible for ensuring that no data is uploaded or submitted which is untrue, defamatory, obscene or abusive or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable laws or rights of third parties.
- You warrant that you have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that any data you upload or otherwise submit to the Website is free from viruses and anything else which may have a contaminating or destructive effect on any part of the Website or any other technology.
- We reserve the right (without limiting our rights to seek other remedies) to remove offending material placed on the Website that we consider to constitute a misuse of the Website or which is otherwise harmful to other users of the Website.
- On May 25th, 2018 a new Data Protection law comes into being across Europe called the General Data Protection Regulation. This regulation is designed to unify all Data Protection Laws across Europe and provide a greater level of control for individuals in how organisations can handle and use their data.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and working within the boundaries provided by that Regulation. There are rights that are issued to individuals by the GDPR, and we acknowledge our responsibility in providing those rights.
- Right to be forgotten: You may terminate your account on this website at any time, in which case we will permanently delete your account and all data associated with it.
- Right to object: Please note that we will never sell or give your data to other organisations.
- Right to rectification: You may access and update your account settings on this website at any time to correct or complete your account information. You may also contact us at any time to access, correct, amend or delete information that we hold about you.
- We reserve the right to terminate your access to the Website and the services within it at any time at our discretion, and will notify you by email if we do so.
- All disclaimers, indemnities and exclusions in this agreement shall survive termination of this Agreement for any reason.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- We may modify these terms and conditions at any time by publishing the modified terms and conditions on the Website.
- These terms are governed by and to be construed in accordance with English law.
- Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Published May 22, 2018 - 07:16 PM
|Site Info: Privacy & Cookies
Use of our website is subject to our Terms & Conditions.
We welcome contributors to this site, subject to our terms and conditions, and if you register as a user you can contact us to request further access levels.
We do not collect personal information from you on this website unless you actively volunteer such information by contacting us or registering for a user account so that you can add and edit your own content.
We will remove your user account and personal information on request along with any content you have submitted.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site, and to display content that is more personalised to you, based on your previous internet behaviour.
We use essential session cookies to enable certain parts of the website to function properly, and Google Analytics to analyse which pages on our site are visited - no information from which you can be identified is tracked
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit the about cookies website.
You can choose to block the cookies that are set by this website, however you must be aware that doing so may mean that parts of the site will not work correctly.
Published May 22, 2018 - 07:01 PM
|Site Info: More contributions needed for our Gig List
All of this year's gigs at Five Degrees West have just been added to our giglist. More contributions from venues, bands and fans are needed, so if anyone knows of gigs taking place in and around Falmouth (or, if you wish, elsewhere in Cornwall) that aren't already on our giglist they are very welcome to add them! Just contact me requesting a login if you're not already registered
Published Jan 10, 2018 - 01:27 PM
|Site Info: Forums closed
The forums are now closed, and have been removed as they hadn't been used in four years. A new website will be replacing this one next year with a much improved giglist, and registered users will also be able to leave public comments elsewhere on the new site.
Published Mar 14, 2017 - 02:05 PM
|Site Info: Falmusic moved to new server
Falmusic's web host has moved this site to a new server which should result in better performance. If you have submitted any content over the last two days, please double-check that it is on the site, as the site was down for a while on Thursday and Friday during the move, and then running an older version of the database for a few hours. All should now be working properly.
Published Nov 16, 2013 - 01:25 PM
|Site Info: Site moved to new webhost
Falmusic is now safely transferred to our new web host following a day of trials and tribulations getting the domain released from the previous host.
Published Apr 26, 2010 - 03:39 PM
|Site Info: Falmusic Forums are back
I'm pleased to let you know that the forums are now back and should be working fine. One side effect of fixing them is that the login from the forums no longer works, so please login via the main site. Any other problems re forums please let me know - Rob (admin).
Published Oct 11, 2008 - 05:46 PM